Simulation and Experimental Study of an Airfoil Aerator
Pu Xing, Hui Hu, Yilin Chen, Hui Wu, Tsung-Chow Su
Российский физический журнал
To solve problems of unsatisfactory velocity distribution, low oxygen filling efficiency, difficult control of dissolved oxygen content, and contradiction between oxygen filling capacity and power efficiency in aerator operation, an airfoil with a logarithmic spiral as a busbar and a NACA0012 airfoil as a cross section was proposed based on the characteristics of linear and operating parameters of blades. The CFD Software Fluent was used to simulate and to analyze the influence of the airfoil blade on the oxygen mass transfer, stirring, and pushing flow in an oxidation ditch. Three factors, including the impeller rotating speed, immersion depth and the blade incline angle, related to aeration efficiency of the surface aerator, were studied by experiments, and the maximum dynamic efficiency of two types of impellers with different blade inclination angles was found.
- Nanchang Hangkong University, Nanchang, ChinaPu Xing, Hui Hu, Yilin Chen & Hui Wu
- Florida Atlantic University, College of Engineering and Computer Science, Florida, USATsung-Chow Su
- Q.C. Wu and X. L.Zhao, J. Shandong Agricultural Engineering College, No. 5, 99–102 (2017).
- R. Y.Cao, X. C.Chen, and H.W. Zhang, J. Water Supply and Drainage, 28, No. 10, 67-70 (2002).
- S. B. Thakre, L. B. Bhuyar, and S. J. Deshmukh, Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 6, No. 1,113–122 (2009).
- Z. Pan, J.Q. Wang, and K. Fan, J. Environ. Eng., 6, No. 6, 1936–1940 (2012).
- J. R. Backhurst, J. H. Harker, and S. N. Kaul, Water Res. [in Chinese], 22, No. 10, 1239–1243 (1988).
- L. Dong, J.W.Liu, H.L.Liu, C. Dui, and D. V. Gradov, Adv. Mech. Eng., 11, No. 8, 1–13 (2019).
- B. J.Zhao, C.H. Zhang, Y. X.Fu, Q. Liu, and H. L. Chen.J. 67, Eng. Thermophys., 39, No. 09, 1958–1964 (2008).
- Y. Cui, Numerical simulation of hydrodynamic characteristics of axial flow pump airfoil, Dissertation, Yangzhou University (2009).
- Z.Li, X.C. Xu, K.J. Li, et al., Int. J. Thermal Sci., 133, 284–298 (2018).
- S. G. Gestrin, E. V. Staravoytova, Russ. Phys. J., 62, 984–991 (2019).
- L. Fan, N. Xu, Z.Q. Wang, et al., Chem. Eng. Res. Des., 88, No. 1, 23–33 (2010).
- P. Xing, J. Y. Zhao, and X. J. Yin, Adv. Mater. Res., No. S1, 199–200 (2011).
- H. Hu, Simulation analysis and experimental study of aerator based on airfoil optimization design theory Dissertation, Nanchang Hangkong University (2019).
- Yu. V. Solov’eva, L. A. Valuiskaya, Y. D. Lipatnikova, et al., Russ. Phys. J., 62, 2240–2246 (2020).
- D. Y. Sukhanov and A. E. Kuzovova, Russ. Phys. J. 62, 2275–2282 (2020).
- B. B. Qiu, Research on optimization design of curved impeller of new type inverted umbrella aerator, Dissertation, Nanchang Hangkong University (2014).
- J. Ming, Flow analysis and aeration performance study of inverted umbrella aerator, Dissertation, Jiangsu University (2017).
- V. V. Lasukov, Russ. Phys. J., 62, 778–793 (2019).
- Z. X.Cao, L. Zheng, Z. D.Qian, J. Wuhan University (Engineering Edition), 43, No. 2, 137–142 (2010).
- L. Li, J. Wang, L. Feng, et al., Korean J. Chem. Eng., 34, No. 11, 2811–2822 (2017).
- Chinese Standard JB/T 10670-2006 “Inverted Umbrella Type Surface Aerator.”
- E. J. Finamore, J. B. Frandzny, J. Finamore, et al., Fluid Mechanics with Engineering Applications, Machine Industry Press (2006).