The Effect of Aqueous Electrolyte Molarity on the Characteristics of Supercapacitor with Electrodes Based on Carbon Materials
L. V. Tabulina, V. A. Labunov, D. V. Grapov, Yu. M. Kukut’, K. V. Ivanov, A. V. Bil’dyukevich, A. A. Shustikov
Russian Journal of Electrochemistry
Abstract / Full Text
The effect of molar concentration of aqueous electrolytes on the capacitance characteristics of supercapacitors (SC), in which amorphous carbon or carbon nanotubes are used as electrode materials, is studied. Aqueous solutions of sulfuric acid with concentrations of 1–6 M are used as the electrolytes. It is shown that the specific capacitance of SC depends significantly on the concentration of the electrolyte, properties of the electrode material, and the methods of treatment of carbon materials for enhancing their wettability with aqueous electrolytes.
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics, Minsk, BelarusL. V. Tabulina, V. A. Labunov, D. V. Grapov, Yu. M. Kukut’ & K. V. Ivanov
- Institute of Physical and Organic Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk, BelarusA. V. Bil’dyukevich & A. A. Shustikov
- Conway, B.E., Electrochemical Supercapacitors. Scientific Fundamentals and Technological Applications, New York: Kluwer, 1999.
- Conzalez, A., Goikolea, E., Barrena, J.A., and Mysyk, R., Review on supercapacitors: Technologies and materials, Renew. Sust. Energ. Rev., 2016, vol. 58, p. 1189.
- Gromadskyi, D.G., Chae, Ju.H., Norman, S.A., and Chen, G.Z., Correlation of energy storage performance of supercapacitor with iso-propanol improved wettability of aqueous electrolyte on activated carbon electrodes of various densities, Appl. Energy, 2015, vol. 159, p. 39.
- Zhang, X., Wang, X., Jiang, L., Wu, H., Wu, C., and Su, J., Effect of aqueous electrolytes on the electrochemical behaviors of supercapacitors based on hierarchically porous carbons, J. Power Sources, 2012, vol. 216, p. 290.